Saturday, February 4, 2017

Criminal News Headlines | National News – Yahoo India News

Your RSS feed from RSSFWD.com. Update your RSS subscription
RSSFWD

Criminal News Headlines | National News – Yahoo India News

Latest crime news headlines from Yahoo India News. Find top stories, videos, pictures & in-depth coverage on crime news from national news section.



Romanian ruling party chief says graft decree may be scrapped
4:58:04 PM

Romania's Social Democrat party leader, Liviu   Dragnea, stands beside Sorin Grindeanu, Romania's newly nominated Prime   Minister, in the Romanian Parliament, in BucharestThe leader of Romania's ruling Social Democrats (PSD) said on Saturday the government might withdraw a corruption decree that has triggered massive street protests and international condemnation since its approval earlier this week. The decree to decriminalise some graft offences is seen as the biggest retreat on reforms since Romania joined the European Union in 2007. PSD chief Liviu Dragnea, who is viewed as leading government policy, said he would meet other senior party figures to discuss the fallout from the decree.




Father of Louvre attacker says son is not a terrorist
4:41:47 PM

Reda Abdullah al-Hamamy, the father of Abdullah Reda   al-Hamamy who is suspected of attacking a soldier in Paris' Louvre museum,   speaks during an interview with Reuters in DaqahliyaBy Seham Eloraby CAIRO (Reuters) - The father of the machete-wielding man who was shot by a guard as he tried to enter Paris's Louvre museum said on Saturday his son was not an Islamist and the French were only accusing him of terrorism to excuse the brutality used to stop him. Abdullah Reda al-Hamamy, an Egyptian, was shot several times after attacking soldiers outside the museum crying "Allahu Akbar" on Friday, in what President Francois Hollande called a terrorist attack. Al-Hamamy was initially feared to be close to death but doctors at the hospital where he is being treated no longer consider his life in danger, the Paris prosecutor's office said on Saturday.




Royal Jordanian gets U.S. instructions lifting travel ban
4:28:41 PM
Jordanian airline Royal Jordanian received instructions from the U.S. authorities on Saturday allowing travellers from Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Libya, Sudan, Somali and Iran to board its flights to the United States if they have the necessary visa. "These instructions are effective as of today and cancel the U.S. presidential decision that restricted the entry to America of these above mentioned nationalities," Royal Jordanian spokesman Basel Kilani told Reuters.


Middle East travellers rush to take advantage of Trump setback
3:57:28 PM

Migrants sit in the chapel at the Juan Bosco migrant   shelter after being deported from the U.S., in NogalesBy Issam Abdullah, Kinda Makieh and Julia Edwards Ainsley BEIRUT/DAMASCUS/WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Citizens of seven mainly Muslim countries who were banned from the United States by President Donald Trump can resume boarding U.S.-bound flights, the U.S. government said on Saturday, after a Seattle judge blocked his executive order. The ruling gave hope to many travellers and sent some scrambling for tickets, worried that the newly opened window might not last long. Trump denounced the judge on Twitter and said the decision would be quashed.




Shot Louvre attacker's condition improving - French prosecutor
3:37:11 PM

French police secure the site near the Louvre Pyramid   in ParisThe condition of the man shot and seriously wounded outside the Louvre museum when he set upon French soldiers with a pair of machetes is improving and he is out of danger, the Paris prosecutor's office said on Saturday. The 29-year-old Egyptian, identified by security sources as Abdullah Reda al-Hamamy, was shot several times in the abdomen on Friday after what French President Francois Hollande described as a terrorist attack.




State Dept reverses visa ban, allows travelers with visas into U.S. - official
3:18:45 PM

Samira Asgari is greeted U.S. Congressman Joe Kennedy   at Logan Airport after she cleared U.S. customs and immigration in BostonWASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. State Department will allow people with valid visas into the United States, a department official said on Saturday, in order to comply with an opinion from a federal judge in Seattle barring President Donald Trump's executive action. "We have reversed the provisional revocation of visas," the State Department official said in a statement. "Those individuals with visas that were not physically canceled may now travel if the visa is otherwise valid." (Reporting by Yeganeh Torbati and Julia Edwards Ainsley; Editing by Bill Trott)




Philippine Catholic Church slams 'reign of terror' behind war on drugs
1:57:39 PM

Effigies of corpses are seen with placards as   activists protest during a rally outside the Philippine National Police (PNP)   Headquarters in Quezon City, metro ManilaBy Clare Baldwin and Manuel Mogato MANILA (Reuters) - The Philippines' Catholic Church assailed President Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs for creating a "reign of terror" among the poor, in sermons read out at Saturday services that will be repeated to congregations across the country on Sunday. In its most strongly worded attack on the crackdown on drug pushers and users, the Catholic Bishops' Conference of the Philippines said killing people was not the answer to trafficking of illegal drugs, and it was disturbing that many didn't care about the bloodshed, or even approved of it. It is considered as normal, and, even worse, something that (according to them) needs to be done," the bishops said in a pastoral letter, a copy of which was obtained by Reuters.




Thousands protest in London against Trump's refugee ban
12:41:06 PM

Demonstrators march against U.S. President Donald   Trump during a protest in LondonLONDON (Reuters) - Several thousand people demonstrated outside the U.S. embassy in London on Saturday against President Donald Trump and his temporary ban on refugees and nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States. Protesters held black banners with blood stains bearing slogans such as "No to Trump. No to War" and "Trump: Special Relationship? Just say no." at the demonstration against the ban and Trump's foreign policy. Trump signed an order just over a week ago putting a four-month hold on allowing refugees into the U.S. ...




RSSFWD - From RSS to Inbox
 
Powered By Campaigner®

No comments:

Post a Comment